Friday, September 21, 2007

Horror Movies Part Two

Okay, time to get back to what I was working on when I got sidetracked by horror movies earlier this week. My husband recently brought home on DVD “The Devil’s Rejects,” Rob Zombie’s latest foray into cinematic horror. I watched his first movie with my hubby. It’s called “House of 1000 Corpses.” After that one, I decided I didn’t want to see any more Rob Zombie horror films.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
No more for me, thanks!


I love horror movies, but I hated “House of 1000 Corpses.” Everyone dies in the end and the bad guys walk off into the sunset. It was as if mass murderers documented their crimes and cast themselves as the heroes. Totally unsatisfying as far as endings go since it puts the viewer in the very uncomfortable situation of having to identify with the killers. It simply did not follow my expectations of how a horror movie should end.

This raises the question, when you read (or watch movies, which ever you’d like to talk about), do you expect the story to end a certain way? Do you find it satisfying or not when it does? Ever read or watched something that ended in a completely different manner than you thought it would?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love when things end in a way I would never suspect. To many movies are predictable. However, I am not a big horror movie fan anymore.

How have you been??

Sean said...

Anymore? Sounds like there might be a story there ...

Tiffany said...

No story, I just became a sissy. :)

Horror Movie | Online Movies said...

I am really not of the school of naturalism. I like style, and you can use more style in theater than in film roles. I love to sink my teeth into a part.