Sunday, July 29, 2007

I Hate Dieting. And Editing. Passionately.

I may be the slowest editor on the planet. I am STILL working on the first edit of the Second Seal. I started this epic journey in February. It is almost August. I just keep digging myself in deeper. Things are progressing slowly because I am not only adding new stuff, I keep needing to rewrite the old stuff. Okay. I promise not to whine about that anymore (in this post, anyway). I am now less than 100 pages from the end. I did ten today and, if I can keep up that pace, I’ll be done soon. Then I can start again. :-/

This weekend, I started dieting once again. All was going well until I was thwarted by my husband. He brought home a bottle of wine. We all know it’s not a good idea to drink on an empty stomach. That can only lead to dancing in you underwear on the kitchen table, sending drunken emails to your entire address book, and buying Captain Kirk’s chair off of e-Bay.

This isn’t the first time he’s thwarted my efforts. The following is a true story:

My husband and I were at the grocery store one evening and I was feeling all warm and fuzzy toward him.
“I have a confession to make,” I said.
“What?”
“Whenever you diet, I sabotage you so that you will remain unattractive to other women and I won’t have to worry about competition.”
He laughed.
“What?” I asked.
“I do the same thing to you.”

So I probably should have expected it.

Now, back to work.

5 comments:

John said...

Just a big smile, sweet panda.

Bibliolatrist said...

My husband always ruins my diet too. Grr.

Sean said...

Mine is pretty good at sucking up, though (see above).

Tiffany said...

sucking up pays I see. :)

Sean said...

Hey, it gets him power tools!